Saturday, February 27, 2010

speed dating backlash

Two friends who are girls go speed dating together. Almost all of the guys are insane. They like the same guy. One girl says: "Oh, you like that guy? Okay, you date him then." The other girl says: "Oh no, I have a good feeling about you guys, you go ahead and date him." So she does, but the other girl picks him as well. They tell each other their dating plans, and also fight about which one he likes more. "Oh, no, its YOU, guys only take girls dancing who they REALLY like, he's just taking me to dinner." The first girl really, really likes the guy after their date, but she is afraid that she made such as ass of herself on the first date that he will not be interested in her, and that will make her very upset. She realizes that her standards have been very low for men, and that this guy is way better than all of the men online and her ex boyfriend, and that she needs to raise her standards, although they are religiously incompatible. She tells her friend that the date went badly, even though she liked him. She was just so nervous because she wanted him to like her so much that she attempted to eat fish with chop sticks and in general acted like a character that should be played by drew barrymore. Her roommate advises her to tell her friend not to date him, but she won't do it because she does not want to be a dog in the manager and not have her friend date him because she was such an awkward mess. She is pretty such that he will not call her again. Her speed dating friend responds in text message with: "I just bought a new sports bar and it gives me more cleavage than a push up, I need to find an outfit that goes with it, is he tall enough for me to wear heels? I don't remember." This makes her cry hysterically. Her friend sends another text saying "Oh, its sooo slippery out, I'm going to kill myself wearing heels." The girl does not respond with "Good" but she thinks it.

The premise of a bad chick flick, or my actual life? You decide and I'll tell you if you're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment